COVID-19 Important Information
Thomas Jefferson Elementary’s
Family Virtual School Orientation Mtg. Notes:
1. Virtual School Instruction occurs 5 days a week—Monday thru Friday
2. Students will be instructed in all content areas: ELA, Math, Science, and Social St.
3. MCS will checkout technology devices if students do not have their own devices available.
4. Teacher will provide high quality instruction using rigorous, aligned instructional resources.
5. Communication is the KEY to this programs success. Teacher will be communicating with parents on a regular basis and parents are encouraged to communicate regularly their questions or concerns.
6. Attendance will be taken daily in each virtual class. Student absences from virtual classes will be recorded in the JPams. Excessive absences will be reported to the Child Welfare and Attendance office.
7. Students may participate in the Grab and Go lunch program. However, they must provide their own transportation to pick up these meals.
8. When you pick up your child’s Chromebook and/or resource materials you will also receive a schedule indicating the start times for each of your child’s classes. You will also receive the ZOOM and/or Google Meets information needed to access the classes. Resource packets will provide you with EVERYTHING we think you will need to access the virtual classes and be prepared for daily instruction.
9. We ask you to provide your child with paper, pencils, and a quite place to conduct their videoconferencing classes.
10. Grades 3-6: ELA—50 minutes 5 days a week; Math—50 minutes 5 days a week; Science and Social Studies 45 minutes 4 days a week.
Chromebook and Resource Pack Pick-up Schedule:
3rd Grade—Wednesday, August 19th (10:00Am—1:00PM)
4th Grade—Thursday, August 20th (10:00AM-1:00PM)
5th Grade—Friday, August 21st (10:00AM—1:00PM)
6th Grade—Monday, August 24th (10:00AM-1:00PM)
MAKE UP DAY—Tuesday, Aug. 26th (10:00AM-1:00PM)
Anyone who missed their scheduled pick up day may pick up on Tuesday.
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 26TH—FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS
This includes Virtual and Face to Face Student Groups